Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Loving Swaziland

I am staying very busy and not having much opportunity to post (or sleep), but I wanted to say I am having a fantastic time with the kids here, and the cooks are LOVING their scarves. When I say "Make, I have a present for you," they smile and clasp their hands over their hearts. Then I let them choose the scarves they want, and they hold them close like a treasure. I have some pictures, but so far no luck posting them from here. When I get back I'll share all my photos and videos with you.
Today we bathed the children at the care point in wash tubs and massaged their clean skin with cocoa butter lotion. They just loved the adoring attention. What a beautiful day.
And, to top it all of, there were monkeys swinging from the trees when we got back to the property where we're staying this afternoon. Wow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mindy - so exciting to hear what you are up to. I have such a great picture of you and your team caring for those kids and pampering them, just as Christ would do. What a blesing and a sweet memory for you. Praying for you there, and for your family here at home!

Buffy

Swazi kids with Stickers

Swazi kids with Stickers

giving love and stickers

Examples for Scarf Drive

Examples for Scarf Drive
young mom with hair scarf

common dress: scarves and long skirts

cooks carrying food

News Piece on Chelsea's Mission Trip to Costa Rica


Click the photo for the story on First Coast News.